Serotonin Love

Akashdiya Chakraborty (Tathoi)
"I am younger each year at the first snow. When I see it, suddenly, in the air, all little and white and moving; then I am in love again and very young and I believe everything."
- Anne Sexton

Many a times you have told me, "Mom, when I become eighteen, I am going to get a ‘tattoo’ with my own money - to celebrate my adulthood." I have never allowed you to get a ‘tattoo’ for all these years. I grew up knowing one should never mutilate one’s body; as if mutilating one’s mind was alright! You want a ‘tattoo’ with little stars; and the stars will form a Serotonin molecule – it will be your happiness ‘tattoo’. You want to put it in your arm so that you can see it all the time. On your eighteenth Birthday; on fifteenth February, 2020, at 12:00 am midnight, just after the Birthday bounce, I am telling you, “You go girl! You deserve one!”


Serotonin Tattoo – the happiness tattoo
I also want to give you my manuscript (www.kalyanirama.com), written in blood, tears, love, and laughter – to celebrate you. I believe we should not be selling our stories, but we should tell them so others can live.
The day after your first birthday. I made this yellow dress for you- I chose the lacy material as I thought that if you see the world through baby yellow laces, the world might look beautiful long after the celebration - a little hazy, a little misty, a little soft. 
I baked those cakes from the video, but you made that latte for me -  you the certified barista!

To my first editor,
Akashdiya Chakraborty (My little Tathoi)-
"Happy Birthday! I love you!"
For the last eighteen years, you were my journey towards the light!
February 15, 2020
Madison, Wisconsin

Comments



Kalyani Rama is a Bangladesh-born Bilingual author. She has seven published books in Bengali. Kalyani has written for the newspaper 'The Wisconsin State Journal', and other literary magazines.

Kalyani has received her Bachelor of Technology degree from IIT, Kharagpur, India in Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering.

She is an Application Development Senior Engineer by profession and works in Madison, Wisconsin, USA.

Kalyani loves listening to people, animals, and trees.

Published Books:

‘Amar Ghoroya Golpo’(আমার ঘরোয়া গল্প) ;

‘Hater Patay Golpogulo’(হাতের পাতায় গল্পগুলোইয়াসুনারি কাওয়াবাতা);

‘Rat Brishti Bunohash’ (রাত বৃষ্টি বুনোহাঁসঅ্যান সেক্সটন, সিলভিয়া প্লাথ, মেরি অলিভারের কবিতা);

‘Moron Hote Jagi’ (মরণ তে জাগিহেনরিক ইবসেনের নাটক);

‘Reshom Guti’(রেশমগুটি);

'Jol Rong’(জলরঙ);

‘Dom Bondho’ (দমবন্ধ)

Website: http://www.kalyanirama.com/


Popular Posts