My blue-white pot

I have planted quite a few seeds today: I dug up the soil. My hands are mud-covered, and my body is burnt by the spring sun.
I was pulling out all these pots from the garage. Suddenly, I saw this petite, little flower pot - my favorite one. It is as small as a teacup. I got the pot from a vegan pottery store. I was vegan until last month: not having even a drop of honey from the flowers. One average honey-bee makes one-tenth of a teaspoon of honey in its lifetime. Just for making one pound of honey, the bee will need to circle around the globe more than once. Why should I steal their honey for my tongue?
Vegan-pottery-stores do not mix any bone or animal products in their china. I searched so much to get this pot! It has deep blue flowers and moss-green stems painted all over it. It is milk-white; a gold thread runs around the rim. I used to plant coriander leaves in it in the summer. The curly leaves of the coriander used to match the curly rim of the saucer. Bright green leaves used to look perfect with the pot's blue-white.
Today my favorite pot has slipped from my hands and broke into three pieces.
I have heard that if china breaks, no one can ever restore it. There will always remain a crack, however faint; it is like human relationships.
I do not listen to these groundless rumors.
I have repaired all the cracks of life's blind alleys with super glue! If I love a person, flower or leaf, how can they not love me back? Even if they try, they do have tears in their eyes. 


Comments



Kalyani Rama is a Bangladesh-born Bilingual author. She has seven published books in Bengali. Kalyani has written for the newspaper 'The Wisconsin State Journal', and other literary magazines.

Kalyani has received her Bachelor of Technology degree from IIT, Kharagpur, India in Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering.

She is an Application Development Senior Engineer by profession and works in Madison, Wisconsin, USA.

Kalyani loves listening to people, animals, and trees.

Published Books:

‘Amar Ghoroya Golpo’(আমার ঘরোয়া গল্প) ;

‘Hater Patay Golpogulo’(হাতের পাতায় গল্পগুলোইয়াসুনারি কাওয়াবাতা);

‘Rat Brishti Bunohash’ (রাত বৃষ্টি বুনোহাঁসঅ্যান সেক্সটন, সিলভিয়া প্লাথ, মেরি অলিভারের কবিতা);

‘Moron Hote Jagi’ (মরণ তে জাগিহেনরিক ইবসেনের নাটক);

‘Reshom Guti’(রেশমগুটি);

'Jol Rong’(জলরঙ);

‘Dom Bondho’ (দমবন্ধ)

Website: http://www.kalyanirama.com/


Popular Posts